An aurora, sometimes referred to as polar lights, northern lights (aurora borealis), southern lights (aurora australis), is a natural light display in the Earth's sky, predominantly seen in the high-latitude regions (around the Arctic and Antarctic).
Auroras are the result of disturbances in the magnetosphere caused by solar wind. These disturbances are regularly strong enough to alter the trajectories of charged particles in both solar wind and magnetospheric plasma. These particles, mainly electrons and protons, precipitate into the upper atmosphere.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for hotels for the duration of the tour in 3 star hotels.
- In cottages, cruises and camping sites, it will be group accommodation and group sharing.
- Sightseeing entrance as per Itinerary.
- Meals Breakfast, Lunch (set menu ) and Dinner (set menu ) as mentioned in the itinerary only.
- Coach / Bus transfers as per the itinerary.
- Driver / Tour manager service from first day to the last day of tour.
- Pre-departure orientation and travel expert advice.
- Snowmobile safari / Dog sledding safari any one of them.
- Return Train tickets from Helsinki to Rovaniemi.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Entrance to sites other than mentioned in the itinerary - can be availed at additional cost.
- Visa charges at embassy by applicant.
- Return airfare.
- Insurance for above 55 age group will attract additional charges.
- Cost of your round trip Air / Rail / Cruise ticket which enables you to join the tour.
- Cost of any individual Airport / Seaport / Railway station transfers to join or leave the group.
- Tour package Service or Government taxes 5% as applicable.
- Premium seat charges.
- Cost of extension of the validity or deviation from route of the tour.
- Any Increase in the Airfare / Rail fare / Cruise Charges.
- Any Increase in the fuel surcharge or any kind of taxes levied by the respective government or statutory bodies.
- Any Increase in the rate of exchange leading to an increase in all land arrangements which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Porterage, laundry, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water (unless specified), telephone charges, shopping, all items of personal nature and also food and drinks not forming the part of the group menus.
- Cost of Insurance for any extra stay pre/post tour.
- Any private transfers taken to move from one place to another instead of coach.
- Additional extra services if taken• If any activity/sightseeing done twice.
- Any add-on sightseeing/activities along with transfers if done other than mentioned in the tour program.
- Fur coats/Jackets to visit snow point or any special attire required to visit any particular sightseeing place.
- Any upgradation in the room category or airline class.
- Extra water bottle charges.
- Any soft drink / hard drink, Desserts, beverages.
- Any extra expenses incurred for changing the route due to any unforeseen circumstances, forced instances, natural calamities, political disturbances, strikes etc.
- Extra cost incurred due to illness, accident, hospitalization or any Individual unforeseen cost incurring incidence.
- Medicines required if any.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in 'Your Tour Price Includes Column.
Lapland Norther Lights
Duration : 7N / 8D
Day 01: Arrive at Helsinki
Welcome to Scandinavia! Arrive at Helsinki. Take a first look at the Scandinavian capital in the noon. Meet and greet your cordial tour manager at airport. Check out airport & proceed to hotel on arrival in hotel check-in & relax. Meals: Dinner. Overnight: Scandic hotel or similar.
Day 02: Helsinki sightseeing & proceed to Rovaniemi by overnight train
Today after breakfast proceed to have a panoramic view of the city which includes Sibelius Monument, Senate square, Rock Church. Later proceed to the train station to catch the overnight train to Rovaniemi. Overnight in Train. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Overnight : In overnight Train with sleeping compartment.
Day 03: Rovaniemi sightseeing
Today your destination to Rovaniemi. The Capital of Lapland-Finland. On arrival get ready in train & transfer to visit Town Hall, Cathedral, Arktikum museum etc.. till Lunch. At Noon check in at the hotel and relax for sometime. After that proceed to Santa park. We can spend a full evening in Santa Park. Santa Park fun continues. The evening is reserved for 'The Big Man' again with a trip to make a treasure full of memories and pictures. It includes Santa’s office trip, Elves Post Office trip, Toy Workshop Shopping Area, Elf School, Elf School Certificate, Santa Hat, Santa Park dance show, Train story, Bob the barn and Calligraphy School and so on.. The list is endless and possibilities are countless. Later transfer to Hotel and relaxed. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Overnight: Arctic City hotel or similar
Day 04: Rovaniemi to Ranua Zoo and back
This morning, we will proceed to see Ranua zoo. The place is in the Arctic and into Lapland, it’s a wildlife center of Lapland. You may see some winter wild animals if you are lucky. Come back to Rovaniemi till noon and have your lunch. Later will proceed to experience amazing Northern lights as per availability. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Overnight: Arctic city hotel or similar
Day 05: Proceed to Saariselka
After breakfast, today have some leisure time. Can enjoy winter in Lapland. Or you can enjoy a winter activity here ( Snowmobile safari ) later we will proceed to Saariselka or Ivalo. Lunch on the way. Reach Saariselka until evening. Check-in at the hotel and get relaxed. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Overnight: Holiday club saariselka or similar
Day 06: Saariselka local sightseeing
Today we will visit local culture. Enjoy the coldest era of northern Lapland. As per availability, we will move to see the Reindeer or Husky Farm. See the local Inari culture. We will visit Ivalo. (13 km away from the city) Ivalo:- It’s a village in the municipality of Inari, Lapland, Finland, located on the Ivalo River 20 kilometers south of Lake Inari. The village is the administrative center for the municipality of Inari, and also it’s the largest population center, so it comes as no surprise that this is where you can find the widest range of services in northern Lapland. Later proceed to Saariselka Hotel and relaxed. The possibility of witnessing Northern lights here. Here you can take Husky or Reindeer ride (Optional and additional cost). Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Overnight: Holiday club saariselka or similar
Day 07: Saariselka to Rovaniemi and Proceed to Helsinki by overnight train
Today we will start with Siida museum. Later we will start towards southern part. On the way to Rovaniemi. Lunch on the way. Reach Rovaniemi till 4:00 pm. You will be transferred to Train station. Catch the return train to Helsinki (Schedule will be declared later). Overnight in the train. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Overnight: In overnight train with sleeping compartment.
Day 08: Arrival at Helsinki & Proceed to Hometown
Today morning reach Helsinki central station. Come outside and start to Vantaa airport to catch a scheduled flight for the hometown. Tour concludes here. With sweet memories with Intiamatkat. Say Goodbye to all !!! Meals: Breakfast,
Tour end !!!!
- The rights to make any change in the scheduled programme OR internal changes in the scheduled itinerary is reserves with the company only.
- Tour manager has every right to make necessary and required changes in ongoing tour. He will update the guest at that moment.
VISA AND INSURANCE
- Kindly obtain necessary Schengen visa, travel / medical insurances and a valid passport before leaving home country.
- Sunrich Travels is not responsible for the Visa. We are just intermediary, who can help our guest to apply and only provide documents for Visa.
- Visa is a complete process and always under the review of Embassy. Granting or Rejecting the Visa can be decided by Visa officer of Concern Embassy only. Sunrich Travels has no intervention and role in visa process.
TOUR MANAGER AND DRIVER SERVICES :
- Car / Bus driver will work only 10 Hrs in a day. As per European laws.
- Tour manager services will be available maximum 12 hrs in a day. As per EU laws