An aurora, sometimes referred to as polar lights, northern lights (aurora borealis), southern lights (aurora australis), is a natural light display in the Earth's sky, predominantly seen in the high-latitude regions (around the Arctic and Antarctic).
Auroras are the result of disturbances in the magnetosphere caused by solar wind. These disturbances are regularly strong enough to alter the trajectories of charged particles in both solar wind and magnetospheric plasma. These particles, mainly electrons and protons, precipitate into the upper atmosphere.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for hotels for the duration of the tour in 3 star hotels.
- In cottages, cruises and camping sites, it will be group accommodation and group sharing.
- Sightseeing entrance as per Itinerary.
- Meals 7 Breakfast, 6 Lunch (set menu) and 7 Dinner (set menu).
- Coach / Bus transfers as per the itinerary.
- Driver / Tour manager service from first day to the last day of tour.
- Pre-departure orientation and travel expert advice.
- VISA as per itinerary
- Return Flight Tickets + Internal Flight Tickets
- Travel Insurance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Entrance to sites other than mentioned in the itinerary - can be availed at additional cost.
- Insurance for above 55 age group will attract additional charges.
- Cost of any individual Airport / Seaport / Railway station transfers to join or leave the group.
- Tour package Service or Government taxes 5% as applicable.
- Premium seat charges.
- Cost of extension of the validity or deviation from route of the tour.
- Any Increase in the Airfare / Rail fare / Cruise Charges.
- Any Increase in the fuel surcharge or any kind of taxes levied by the respective government or statutory bodies.
- Any Increase in the rate of exchange leading to an increase in all land arrangements which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Porterage, laundry, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water (unless specified), telephone charges, shopping, all items of personal nature and also food and drinks not forming the part of the group menus.
- Cost of Insurance for any extra stay pre/post tour.
- Any private transfers taken to move from one place to another instead of coach.
- Additional extra services if taken• If any activity/sightseeing done twice.
- Any add-on sightseeing/activities along with transfers if done other than mentioned in the tour program.
- Fur coats/Jackets to visit snow point or any special attire required to visit any particular sightseeing place.
- Any upgradation in the room category or airline class.
- Extra water bottle charges.
- Any soft drink / hard drink, Desserts, beverages.
- Any extra expenses incurred for changing the route due to any unforeseen circumstances, forced instances, natural calamities, political disturbances, strikes etc.
- Extra cost incurred due to illness, accident, hospitalization or any Individual unforeseen cost incurring incidence.
- Medicines required if any.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in 'Your Tour Price Includes Column.
SCANDINAVIA WITH NORTHERN LIGHTS
Duration : 7N / 8D
Day 01: Arrive at Helsinki
Welcome to Scandinavia! Arrive at Helsinki. Take a first look at the Scandinavian capital in the noon. Meet and greet your cordial tour manager at airport. Check out airport & proceed to hotel on arrival in hotel check-in & relax. Meals: Dinner.
Day 02: Helsinki sightseeing & proceed to Rovaniemi by Flight
Today after breakfast proceed to have a panoramic view of the city which includes Sibelius Monument, Senate square, Rock Church. Later proceed to airport, board the flight for Rovaniemi. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 03: Rovaniemi sightseeing
Today your destination to Rovaniemi. The Capital of Lapland-Finland. Enjoy an orientation city tour which includes Lappia Hall, the Library, the Town Hall and the Arctic Center. Cross the Arctic Circle (66°31'N) to enter incomparable unspoiled Lapland. Stop at the Santa Claus village, visit Santa Claus Main post office from where you can send greetings to your friends and relatives with the unique Arctic Circle postmark. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 04: Rovaniemi To Kiruna / Abisko
This morning, we will proceed Kiruna / Abisko. On arrival enjoy the guided visit of Ice Hotel. the interior is always between -5°C to -8°C, even when it gets up to -37°C outside. Later hotel check in. In the evening proceed to Auorora Sky station at Abisko National Park. Enjoy the chairlift to visit the Abisko sky station, situated 900 meters above sea level, in a spot with very few distracting sources of light or sound which gives an 80% chance of seeing the northern lights - as long as the sky is clear. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 05: Kiruna / Abisko To Tromso
After breakfast, proceed to Tromso - it is a city in the very northernmost part of Norway. It is almost 350 km north of the Arctic Circle and is one of the best places to view the spectacular Northern Lights in winter. This day you have time to enjoy various optional activities like snow bike, Raindeer sledging, Husky ride etc. Overnight stay at Tromso. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 06: Tromso
Enjoy city orientation tour which includes Arctic Cathedral and Museum of Sami People. Later visit to Polar Museum to the exciting story of risky Arctic trapping and courageous polar expeditions. In the evening proceed to enjoy Northern lights dinner cruise. The darkness of the ocean will reflect the stars and Northern Lights as the snow-covered peaks offer a majestic backdrop. The experienced guide will share her knowledge from life in the arctic, the coastal culture of Norway and the Nordic cuisine. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 07: Tromso To Oslo By Flight
After breakfast proceed to Oslo by flight. On arrival enjoy city orientation tour of Oslo - it is the capital and largest city of Norway, and the third largest city of Scandinavia. Pass by many major monuments of the city Oslo. Photo stop at Opera house & visit the famous Vigeland Sculpture park. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 08: Oslo & Proceed to Hometown
After breakfast proceed to airport. Say Goodbye to all !!! Meals: Breakfast, Tour end !!!!